Fuyao Glass Decatur, IL Full-time Maintenance
Posted on September 15, 2022
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Services packing lines by preparing all types of containers with all necessary items required for a pack container.
- Transports containers to closing areas and closes in accordance with specifications, nails, banding, dust covers, plastic wrap, etc.
- Transfers containers to re-inspection area, re-inspects glass for defects in accordance with specifications, removes breakage, does all repairs required to ship the containers.
- Transfers glass to fill out shortages (in isolated instances).
- Operates all industrial trucks (fork trucks) containers to and from lines, shipping.
- Changes propane tanks, plugs in non-operating battery trucks, water hookup, etc.
- Loads containers on launching devices.
- Places and assists in positioning empties on turnaround, shuttles, with minimal downtime. Assists glass processing occupation as necessary. Some examples may be removing breakage and helping with the stack of glass.
- Cuts and packages material as needs when prepping or closing containers.
- Cuts and fabricates parts for replacement of damaged or improperly built containers.
- Picks up and delivers damaged units. Reprocesses units which do not conform to shipping standards by adding or replacing banding, making minor repairs and replacing lites as needed.
- Unloads incoming trucks (cardboard, 50’ boxes, Styrofoam, plastic wrap, empty containers, etc.) and delivers to proper storage areas.
- Cuts paper and cardboard as needed. Wipes off inspection marks and assists as needed.
- Assists glass processing occupation in removing breakage from containers/rework.
- Operates cut to length machine.
- Empties cullet and waste hoppers.
- Records container audit information and other data as required to meet out-going quality.
- Assembly of steel racks.
- Assists GMMS in making emergency and/or routine repairs and will perform tasks which do not require GMM skills.
- Maintains good housekeeping in designated areas.
- Observes all Fuyao environmental policies and performs the job in a manner that minimizes impart to the environment.
- Observes all safety and housekeeping responsibilities.
- Communicates, cooperates and coordinates with other personnel.
- Assists as necessary in emergencies and performs other related duties as directed by supervision.