Distribution Transportation Supervisor - 3rd Shift
Company Name: Oconomowoc Distribution Center
Position Type: Employee
FLSA Status: Exempt
Responsible for providing oversight and leadership for the efficient, cost-effective transport of product from Distribution warehouse to Kroger stores in a multi-state region. Incumbent serves as the sites Contact/Liaison with outside carriers on transportation and delivery concerns. Transportation Supervisor partners with the Outside Storage Manager on shipment and transport issues supporting the seasonal promotional business. Demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety.
Essential Job Functions:
- Oversight of transportation of product from distribution centers to stores resulting in cost-effective deliveries and precise delivery times. Oversight of outbound deliveries and inbound freight coordination.
- Oversees transportation budgets and expenses; monitors invoices; works with Shipping & Receiving to ensure proper claim processing and resolution. Works to achieve goal of lowest cost, most effective mode of transportation.
- Ongoing communication with external carriers to resolve issues, respond to emergency and changing situations to guarantee deliveries to customers.
- Analyzes report data to measure transportation performance from cost-effectiveness and delivery efficiency standpoint.
- Communication with fellow Supervisors to address and resolve transportation issues.
- Assists with the scheduling, receipt and delivery of the seasonal promotions business.
- Supervise and coach direct reports in the performance of their duties; complete performance reviews and provides feedback to direct reports.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Four or more years of experience in Transportation and Logistics
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Organize and prioritize a variety of tasks and projects
- Highly motivated, energetic, strong sense of urgency to meet goals and deadlines
- Proficiency in computer software and systems
Desired Previous Job Experience
- Supervisory/managerial experience within a distribution/logistics environment
- Expertise in Shipping, Receiving and Inventory in addition to require Transportation expertise
- Experience within a food distribution environment preferred
- Knowledge/understanding of DOT regulations and requirements
Education Level: High School Diploma/GED Desired
Required Travel: None
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Full-Time
States: Wisconsin; Alabama; Alaska; American Samoa; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; District of Columbia; Federated States of Micronesia; Florida; Georgia; Guam; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Marshall Islands; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Northern Mariana Islands; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Palau; Pennsylvania; Puerto Rico; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virgin Islands; Virginia; Washington; West Virginia; Wyoming
Jobs at Kroger Logistics: Kroger Logistics is a best-in-class supply chain team that services our more than 2,500 grocery and convenience stores that stretch coast-to-coast across the U.S., including Alaska. We are comprised of more than 30 distribution centers, regional freight centers, transportation and office locations. In Kroger Logistics, we offer career opportunities in Safety, Professional Driving, Warehouse Operations, International Logistics, Engineering, Supply Chain and Human Resources. If you are looking for an ever-changing, fast-paced environment focused on supporting our Customer 1St Strategy, we welcome your online application.
Company Overview: Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve over 11 million customers daily through a seamless shopping experience under a variety of . At The Kroger Co., we are Fresh for Everyone™ and dedicated to our Purpose: To Feed the Human Spirit®. We are committed to creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: WI || Oconomowoc || 1111 E. Delafield Rd. || 53066 || Oconomowoc Distribution Center || None || Logistics/Supply Chain; Any; Management || Employee || Exempt || Full-Time || None